Board of Trustees Notice of Vacancy
The Governing Board of the Spreckels Union School District wishes to announce its intention to make a provisional appointment to the Governing Board to complete the remainder of Trustee Robert McNab’s term through November 2017. Mr. McNab’s resignation will be effective June 15, 2016. The vacancy will be filled pursuant to Government Code 1780.
Individuals who would like to be considered for appointment to the Board are invited to submit a letter of interest, résumé and completed application form. The following information is relevant to the appointment that will be made by the Governing Board:
- The appointment will be effective from June 15, 2016 until a regular election is held November 2017.
- To be Governing Board member, you must be:
- a registered voter
- a resident of the Spreckels Union School District in which service would be rendered
- Application for appointment may be requested by contacting Lise Belton, Executive Administrative Assistant, at 455-2550 Ext. 312. Application, letter of interest and résumé must be returned to Lise Belton at Spreckels Union School District Office by Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. There will be no exceptions to the deadline.
- The Governing Board will conduct candidate interviews with finalists at the regular Board Meeting held Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.